• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Can OtterCraft Improve?
A simple question for you all.

How can OtterCraft improve?

OtterCraft has been running smooth, without any major changes(aside from the addition of MVP), for a long time now. What can we do to improve you experience? What can be made better?

No, we probably won't be adding your crazy new favorite plugin...

Thanks for your input.
[Image: LlpaiAf.png]
I've noticed a lot of people wanting to build shops in the towns. I know it requires a plugin but it's not a crazy one. The whole buy and sell chest plugin, whatever it is called lol.
(03-13-2018, 03:22 PM)Sid_Engel Wrote: A simple question for you all.

OtterCraft has been running smooth, without any major changes(aside from the addition of MVP), for a long time now. What can we do to improve you experience? What can be made better?

Thanks for your input.

Make the /shop include more items and make dirt and the other things worth 9 billion dollars worth like 1 per 1, ive often needed just one more cobble stone to complete it but i have to go up a steep hill for it because i dont wanna ruin my surroundings with random holes, its just a convenience thing
People are often confused with this, you are only intended to sell those items to the /shop. It forces you to use /ah for purchasing from other players.

However, I do agree that something should be done there... For easier interpretation.
(03-13-2018, 03:22 PM)Sid_Engel Wrote: A simple question for you all.

Thanks for your input.

not reset for a bit longer then a year mabye 2 years
My friend and I went to the pvp arena and found it to be able to get greifed and easily escapable. Taking dmg in spawn should be disabled, as in not taking dmg from fire/poison. Make custom warps in various area from spawn for players to build around, with themes as you like and world guarded at the initial /warp. Have more events done and make sure to advertise the events in advance and in your discord. I've been a part of your discord for a while now and haven't seen anything about events though I've been told events happen... Make the events be something automatic so you won't have to be there to initiate it, and something that any player can participate in. Though doing even more special events that take more skill and finesse would help with entertainment too. Disable the auction house and get a playershop plugin so players are more pushed to tp to each other and make nice shops.
(03-14-2018, 08:20 PM)nocookies4me Wrote: My friend and I went to the pvp arena and found it to be able to get greifed and easily escapable. Taking dmg in spawn should be disabled, as in not taking dmg from fire/poison. Make custom warps in various area from spawn for players to build around, with themes as you like and world guarded at the initial /warp. Have more events done and make sure to advertise the events in advance and in your discord. I've been a part of your discord for a while now and haven't seen anything about events though I've been told events happen... Make the events be something automatic so you won't have to be there to initiate it, and something that any player can participate in. Though doing even more special events that take more skill and finesse would help with entertainment too. Disable the auction house and get a playershop plugin so players are more pushed to tp to each other and make nice shops.

the PvP arena has been fixed for now, we also have plans for a new and improved one in the near future.

Chestshops have been recommended time and time again. I still think lowly of them, as they influence grief to player shops... And a simple GUI shop(like the one we currently have) allows for players to sell and buy from any location.

What are you thinking as far as events?

Thanks for your input.
The shop GUI doesn't look the neatest: https://imgur.com/a/UVMhx
Granite costs 99,999,999,999 whereas sand is 999,999,999 to buy and nametags sell for $0. Either keep the numbers the same or disable the feature if it's meant to be impossible to do.

Small events should be done 1-2 weeks, here's an idea.
Red light, Green light - someone with w/e changes a panel of wool from red to green. Players use /sit when light is red, if they don't then they're out. Make the reward either small amount of $$$ or uncommon item. Not diamonds, those are already rewards for voting. 

Parkour events - simple as the name is. Don't make it a parkour you keep at spawn either, have a multiple path parkour. And with the small player base here, make it a $$$ reward only since parkour events are easier to make and initiate. 

Can't think of a name yet - This will require someone with w/e again. Make a decent sized arena with a 10x10 event floor, (which will be 100 blocks). Use the command (//replace stone 50%dirt,50%stone but with a variation of colored wools/clay) Have a certain % be -1 the amount of players playing so each round a player will be taken out. Have the players /sit on the chosen block, such as round 1- pink wool, have 12 players but 11 pink wool. Make the reward an uncommon item, rare item, $$$ Vary the reward on the amount of players participating. 

Larger events should be done monthly or bi monthly and should have the players anticipating it.
Build event - 32x32 (2 chunks by 2 chunks) for players to build in. Have players be able to participate either solo or with up to 4 other players helping, meaning teams can be up to 5. That will encourage players to work together. Have the plots be surrounded by walls so you can't see the other competitors and allow the players to only be able to work in the plot throughout the month or week. Have a basic chest inside the plot containing blocks the build  contain Don't have the players label their works or advertise themselves to win. Have a preset rubric to judge the builds with; effort, detail, how well it fits with the theme, etc. /Don't make this a popularity contest which is why the plots need to be anonymous/

-

I have no idea what your builders do. I looked over the "builder applications" and they do "projects" but I didn't see anything on that. Either I misread or didn't find their purpose. If you're going to have builders, then make them make your server look better. The current spawn is... ok as a spawn. But with it being the first thing you see, it could have much more design put into it.

-

Talking directly to each other on Discord would be more efficient if you wanted to work more on this. I wouldn't mind helping with more/better events. I'm part of the Otter discord, but my discord is nocookies4me#1836.
I agree with nocookies4me that the UI for the shop could be more intuitive and less cluttered. But we have to remember that Sid and staff are limited by the confines of the plugins that they are using.

As for nocookies4me's suggestion on Parkour, I think that is a tremendously good idea. Parkour is one of those things that nearly everyone enjoys doing. And one that changes/rotates on a biweekly bases is a very exciting prospect. The problem with parkour, however, is homes. /sethome often removes any threat of failing in parkour. Perhaps there is a way to prevent homes being set?

We should not neglect PvP events, either. A gladitorial/tournament would be nice - either as a huge free-for-all, or a structured bracket setup - perhaps one with kits to choose from that offer different enchants on them.
I'll start thinking of a cleaner solution to the /shop gui.

I've started a topic with the build team, pertaining to a parkour/event area.

Thanks for your suggestions.