• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-locating the Server
Lightbulb 
Re-Locating the server to Dallas has been an idea for us, and need for some players. At the moment the server is in Montreal, Canada which does not seem to be cutting it for most of our US players(which is the target we are aiming for).

Con Having the server in Dallas is apparently a big deal, as it doubles our hosting cost(not revealing).

Con The players we have now might not actually get any benefit out of this, as some are around the Canada, and upper U.S. area.

Pro We have been incredibly successful lately, and this moves seems possible.

Pro Less stress on the server, as it's being hosted on a machine with better hardware, SSD's, i7 processor, etc.

However, I think it may be a better idea to wait a bit, as the last thing I want to do is use up all of our server funds, and have to move it back.

I know the better choice is probably to move it, but I want to hear what you guys have to say about it.

If we do move forward with this, players will be given a warning and a heads up about it for a week. I'm not sure if this transfer would knock us offline or not, but if it does, I would imagine it takes less than one day.

Thanks!
[Image: LlpaiAf.png]
Are there other options for host transfer? If so, what could they be?
IGN: Priest_Zetsu ~ Praise Thee, Golden Hoe!
I think it depends on whether you're purchasing a minecraft host server, or an actual virtual server.

Hosting through another company is going to be the same price to be put in a Dallas as other places in the United States.

I know you have your own company so you're likely purchasing a virtual server, so I'd say go for it man! Increasing connection for USA players will definitely increase the player count!

Regards,
Michael (Rivzz)
Honestly, I support this decision. Moving to a server in the US with better hardware is a must. As long as the community keeps growing, I think it's a good investment.
(02-15-2017, 02:59 PM)Inxidious Wrote: Honestly, I support this decision. Moving to a server in the US with better hardware is a must. As long as the community keeps growing, I think it's a good investment.

I think the most important thing is considering the future community and if the move will attract more users. Which, I think it will.
IGN: Priest_Zetsu ~ Praise Thee, Golden Hoe!
(02-16-2017, 04:17 AM)Zetsu Wrote:
(02-15-2017, 02:59 PM)Inxidious Wrote: Honestly, I support this decision. Moving to a server in the US with better hardware is a must. As long as the community keeps growing, I think it's a good investment.

I think the most important thing is considering the future community and if the move will attract more users. Which, I think it will.

I 100% agree Zetsu!
Alrighty then, we will do the move within the next two weeks. Everyone will be given a major heads up when it happens.

There will be no change, to the world, or plugins. Everything will be the same, and nothing will be lost. Don't worry!

Thanks for your input everyone!
Update: The new server has been purchased, as well as a 1 GB upgrade to our ram.

We also now have a faster processor, as well as SSD's instead of HDD's.

Move to Dallas will most likely be automatic, and quick. Overnight.
(02-14-2017, 09:08 PM)Rivzz Wrote: I think it depends on whether you're purchasing a minecraft host server, or an actual virtual server.

Hosting through another company is going to be the same price to be put in a Dallas as other places in the United States.

I know you have your own company so you're likely purchasing a virtual server, so I'd say go for it man! Increasing connection for USA players will definitely increase the player count!

Regards,
Michael (Rivzz)

when is the server going to be back up again?
Yah, What's the story Tongue