• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plugin Discussion
It's apparent that Sid wants us to play on a close-to-Vanilla Minecraft.
I do, too. Big Grin 
I do think that there are a few Plugins that are worth considering that don't disrupt the Vanilla experience too much though.

LWC:

- Updated inconsistently

+ No signs needed
+ Impenetrable without conflicting permissions

Essentials (Shop):
The current chest shop gui is an alright, lightweight plugin, but it's... lazy. It's primitive (again, Sid wants us to earn resources, I get it).
Using signs, Essentials' shop plugin allows for a different shopping experience. More on this on another thread.
If OC goes down this route, I can take charge of the shop building, I've done it many many times before. I'd need world edit and or creative mode though.  Undecided

- Next to impossible to get exact amounts of blocks for sale
- Cannot access from anywhere without /warp shop
- Would require 2-3 permissions to be put in (super easy, but still)

+ Immersive and realistic way of shopping 
   (This is actually pretty cool if done how I have in the past)

Factions:
The fact that Factions isn't already in Ottercraft means that someone is opposed to it. At least allow me to make a fair counterargument on its behalf.

- Could give off the notion that Ottercraft is a PVP/Raid Server

+ Doesn't need to be PVP/Raid oriented, simply leave PVP disabled and Factions does the rest
+ Added grief protection with /fclaim in combination with Lockette/LWC
+ Adds another level of depth to the social aspect of the server
+ Induces a sense of belonging and community cooperation
+ Promotes roleplay if desired

mcMMO:
I'm hesitant to recommend mcMMO due to how much it could change the game, but if enough people are curious about it, it's at least worth a thought if anything.

- Updated inconsistently
- Strays away from Vanilla
- Wastes Tree Feller if Tree Assist is added

+ Rewards active users
+ Promotes specialization of labor in communities
+ Promotes roleplay if desired
+ Adds another dimension to gameplay

Tree Assist:

+ Compensates for any lag spikes which makes chopping trees badannoying, HELLISHAngry
+ Removes the problem of floating trees
+ Removes the problem of huge amounts of saplings dropping from decaying leaves that nobody cares to wait around for,
    clearing up a lot of entities for ClearLagg to deal with.
+ Option to replant saplings on natural tree destruction (would leave this one off, though if it were up to me) 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drop any other opinions, we're all here to promote Ottercraft!
IGN: Priest_Zetsu ~ Praise Thee, Golden Hoe!
Based on my knowledge of Sid, and how he wants the server, I can tell you the possibilities of Factions/McMMO is highly unlikely. With the argument of Factions protecting player's land with claims and grief-protection, we have CoreProtect, which can tell us exactly when, where, what, and who did anything, if a player gets griefed, they can alert an administrator, or a moderator, and then they can fix the grief, and punish the griefer as necessary. The shop plugin you've suggested could work, however that would also require a virtually physical shop to be created, which shouldn't be a problem, however the main problem would be resetting up the shop, as in the items, and the prices. The LWC plugin seems to me as another Lockette plugin, which we already have installed and protects chests, furnaces, and doors. Finally, the tree assist plugin, this plugin seems like it could be useful, however it removes the tedious act of cutting down trees of vanilla Minecraft.
I thank you for your ideas and time, if you have any other ideas, questions, or statements, feel free to reply.

- Eunoiazi
(02-15-2017, 08:18 PM)Eunoiazi Wrote: Based on my knowledge of Sid, and how he wants the server, I can tell you the possibilities of Factions/McMMO is highly unlikely. With the argument of Factions protecting player's land with claims and grief-protection, we have CoreProtect, which can tell us exactly when, where, what, and who did anything, if a player gets griefed, they can alert an administrator, or a moderator, and then they can fix the grief, and punish the griefer as necessary.  The shop plugin you've suggested could work, however that would also require a virtually physical shop to be created, which shouldn't be a problem, however the main problem would be resetting up the shop, as in the items, and the prices. The LWC plugin seems to me as another Lockette plugin, which we already have installed and protects chests, furnaces, and doors. Finally, the tree assist plugin, this plugin seems like it could be useful, however it removes the tedious act of cutting down trees of vanilla Minecraft.
I thank you for your ideas and time, if you have any other ideas, questions, or statements, feel free to reply.

- Eunoiazi

+1
[Image: LlpaiAf.png]
Didn't know where else i could post this, and i didn't want to make another thread. The topic is shops.

The new auction system is an upgrade from the other shop. Now we have an easy way to trade in-between players. But i must admit that the auction menu is messy, and just plainly looks horrible. Even worse is that the more players whom join for good, will also start to use it. It will get hard to find the items you want to buy. My idea is either do add menu to the auction menu, so it will be easy to find items the player wants. My second proposal is that we have physical shops with chestshops. Create a market warp where people can set up shops. This is just my opinion, and i hope you will look into it.

- Demendius
Thank you for your input, I agree. The auction menu looks pretty gross.

I want to stick with gui based plugins, Keeps us(and you) from having to deal with any kind of grief.

I'm thinking that for a fix on the auctions, we can sort items, as well as limit people ton how much they can sell at a time.

There are going to be changes to the current set-up. For sure!

Happy surviving!
[Image: LlpaiAf.png]