• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd OtterCraft Server Ideas
Hey there everyone, we are approaching a full year of the server running(1/29/2017). We've been through a lot of up and downs, and learned a lot.

I've been wanting to expand our name for a long time now, and I've gotten myself set on a new goal.

For our 1 year anniversary, we will be opening up another server.

What type of server should it be?
What gamemode(s)?
What are your general idea's and thoughts?

Thanks everyone!

Happy surviving!
[Image: LlpaiAf.png]
(10-11-2017, 06:12 PM)Sid_Engel Wrote: Hey there everyone, we are approaching a full year of the server running(1/29/2017). We've been through a lot of up and downs, and learned a lot.

I've been wanting to expand our name for a long time now, and I've gotten myself set on a new goal.

What gamemode(s)?

Thanks everyone!

Happy surviving!

Why not something like a RPG/Survival hybrid server. It would have a shops system close to the current OtterCraft server but with extra goodies. For example, something like a class system where you can choose a class and level up skills to make your character stronger until you could prestige that class. Maybe there could be stuff to make the server fun even after beating the vanilla game like custom quests, bosses, and other goodies. We could also add plugins where we can make cool, custom RPG like items where some of them would have special powers like armor that gives you potion effects or items that cast spells (there are some magic/witchery plugins out there). Maybe also a loot crate system where crates drop around the map that give you items but also have a chance of giving you special "keys" where you can open a different types of physical loot chests at spawn with different rarities. This would give a reason for players to return to spawn and would open opportunities for great features that could be later implemented. I'm not gonna dive too deep into this idea -- and I do not want this to become some sort of factions server -- but I thought this would be a pretty cool idea for a server. I literaly typed this up in five minutes so don't judge me too hard. Thanks for reading and maybe considering this idea.

Auf Wiedersehen Sid,

BruzBoy  Angel
(10-11-2017, 06:12 PM)Sid_Engel Wrote: Hey there everyone, we are approaching a full year of the server running(1/29/2017). We've been through a lot of up and downs, and learned a lot.

What gamemode(s)?

Thanks everyone!

Happy surviving!

Skyblock? It's different, and yet simple enough for people to understand it right away?
skyblock
BruzBoy's RPG server idea would probably be a LOT of effort and time to implement.  You also don't want mini-games.  So, I feel like a gamemode that would have people playing for long amounts of time would be what you should go for (because players always want there to be something next to accomplish. Also, if players are on longer there will be more players on at once).  Here are some examples as to how you could achieve that.

-=Creative Plots=-
 The normal creative plots are a good start, but I feel there would have to be some reward/competitive system in place that would entice players to keep playing.  Also, basically all creative servers are the same.  Having at least some variety from the rest would give players a reason not to just go onto a different one.

I think the best way to go about this would be that people would start with no ranking and have access to one plot.  The twist is, you can ask a staff to come grade your plot.  Whatever your grade is, you get that rank (D to A or A+).  The higher the rank, the more plots (and maybe permissions, like access to world edit or certain blocks like barriers) you have.  This would give people a reason to build rather than just building for fun (If they want to build for fun though, they'll still have as many permissions as your usual creative plots server).

Of course, if you want to, you can add donation ranks alongside the graded ranks that could give perms like custom weather/time and plots that would stack together. (If A got 5 plots and VIP gets 5, you'd have 10).  Maybe voting enough times can earn you world edit for a limited time?

-=Skyblock=-
 If you go with skyblock, un-modified is already pretty good when it comes to keeping players on long term.  I would personally at least make sure there is some kind of shop or auction house or both (like the current survival server), that you have the "achievements" add-on (Such as: "Grow 32 pumpkin", "gather 64 cobblestone", etc.), and that the islands have levels depending on what the island is built of.

If you want to add more, you could add a system where there is a currency that can only be obtained through trading EXP.  20 Levels of EXP would be traded for 1 of the currency.  The currency would be used to purchase enchantments that can go beyond vanilla (protection 6, sharpness 7, and so-forth).  You could also make it so cobblestone generators also generate ores (less common depending on rarity).

Mcmmo or Jobs would be a nice addition as well.

-=Another survival=-
 Obviously it would have to be different than the current one.  You could have factions/towny, slimefun, mcmmo/jobs, or other things I can't think of atm.  Not my top pick personally, as I think you should explore completely new options first and then sometime down the road this could be implemented.

-=Tips in general=-
 I think a parkour thing at each server's spawn would be a good addition in general.  Especially if it gave a reward at the end every 24h (Would have to be in protected area so no one just sets home at the end.  Also, you could still add a parkour in a creative server's spawn, but there's no need for a reward at the end).

Don't go with a project that would be too big to handle.  You only have so many staff and builders that could help as of now.

-=TL;DR (or just a list you can quickly look back to and compare)=-

-Creative: Graded/Donated ranks for more plots/perms, voting for limited perm.
    -Skyblock: Shop/Auction, Achievements, Island LVL, EXP trade for special enchantments, Cobble generators also make ores, Mcmmo/Jobs.
    -Survival 2: Factions/Towny, Slimefun, Mcmmo/Jobs.
    -Tips: Parkour at spawns.

What gamemode(s)?

Thanks everyone!

Happy surviving!

I think it should be a creative server so it would be much easier to choose builders. I know I am sort of a new player because I joined like 2 weeks ago but I think that it would be fun to have a creative server. Smile
Hi, I know I'm a bit a bit late, but I thought of something. 

Basically, I like factions, but I don't like how anyone can create a faction. To solve this, why don't you split the map in 4, right down the Y and X axis. This way, there are clear boundaries and a limited amount of teams/factions. You should also make a much larger pvp area, with some terrain, trees, water, etc..