• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Boom
Our server has been growing, incredibly fast. It's been blowing my mind, every time I check how many people are on.

Just before my shift at work started yesterday, I decided to check the control panel from my phone. The server had all 30 player slots taken up. Immediately, I bumped the slot limit to 50.

It's been amazing to see how many people are enjoying our service.

The boom in population is great. I don't seem to understand how we keep gaining more players, as we haven't bumped once, in the past few days.

In order to compensate for our new large playerbase, we have upgraded the servers hardware, and within the next 2 weeks the location will be moved to Dallas, as opposed to Montreal, Canada.

I recently couldn't help but start wondering...

What has sparked everyone's interest in our server, compared to others?
What keeps you here, playing?
What do you like the most about our server?
And finally, what would you fix?

Happy surviving!
[Image: LlpaiAf.png]
Sid,

I know you posted this several months ago, but I am going to respond now as I feel the questions are still relevant.
What has sparked everyone's interest in our server, compared to others? >For my son and myself it was the simplicity of the server. We like the lack of claiming land as many of those plugins become a hassle to deal with when attempting to plot out the space you envision needing.
What keeps you here, playing? >The community seems to be consistent and helpful for the most part. You will always have those cancer players but they will weed themselves out over time.
What do you like the most about our server? >The answer for this one is also a second answer for the prior question. I like the fact there is no boundaries, at least I have not found any and I have gone a long long way from pawn to build my base. I like being able to be away from the majority like a single player feel but still get to enjoy the multiplayer aspects.
(05-15-2017, 03:25 PM)BigNateCrist Wrote: Sid,

I know you posted this several months ago, but I am going to respond now as I feel the questions are still relevant.
What has sparked everyone's interest in our server, compared to others?   >For my son and myself it was the simplicity of the server. We like the lack of claiming land as many of those plugins become a hassle to deal with when attempting to plot out the space you envision needing.
What keeps you here, playing?   >The community seems to be consistent and helpful for the most part. You will always have those cancer players but they will weed themselves out over time.
What do you like the most about our server?   >The answer for this one is also a second answer for the prior question. I like the fact there is no boundaries, at least I have not found any and I have gone a long long way from pawn to build my base. I like being able to be away from the majority like a single player feel but still get to enjoy the multiplayer aspects.

I'm glad you and your son are enjoying our community, and server.

I feel the main thing that sets us apart from other servers is the land claiming. We don't have it, unlike every other server. Our economy functions slightly different from others as well.

The single player, yet multiplayer feel is something I have always enjoyed and strived for. I'm glad you can see it.

As far as fixing the server, there are a few things I would like to do, whenever I get the time. There are 3 voting links that are broken, which is not a very big deal, but still. The main issue however, is the TPS lag the server gets when around 25+ players are online.

There's always room to improve!
[Image: LlpaiAf.png]