• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STAFF IGNORING SERVER SIDE ISSUES (I've tested to make sure they're server side)
I have repeatedly tried pointing out several small issues regarding server side lag (I've already done troubleshooting to ensure its server side and not my device) that the staff just keeps shrugging off and telling me is due to my device.

I have died at least a good 23 times (Recently) due to SERVER SIDE lag in various forms:

Combat lag (teleporting mobs, the inability to hit targets because it simply doesn't register the attack (or 30+seconds passing before it registers the attack), getting hit REPEATEDLY due to the inability to move caused by lag)
    Rubber banding (causing fall damage from literally nothing because I was climbing a hill, rubber banding back into combat 30+ blocks away)
    Block lag (causing me to get shot by skeletons and blazes because the blocks I was placing as a shield kept disappearing as well as "trying to swim in lava" due to the blocks disappearing whilst trying to contain lava) 

There have also been several times that I have been removed from a boat I was in due to the lag rubber banding me (and although not apparently harmful its beyond a nuisance to say the least).

Again I have tried bringing this up to staff for them to simply shrug it off and say its MY DEVICES fault for the lag when I have replicated these situations in single player as well as on other servers and had ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES when taking it elsewhere for troubleshooting purposes. Every time I have logged into Ottercraft tho these issues immediately resume and are even slowly getting progressively worse... so much so its getting to the point I actually rage quit earlier and I LITERALLY NEVER RAGE QUIT.

I have played games with incredibly bad lag before but this... this is something else, if it weren't for the fact that I know better I would have to say that it was designed specifically for the purpose of making the game as thoroughly unenjoyable as possible. Please... PLEASE figure out what the problem is and fix it, because I'm at the point where I'm .  . this close to just leaving the server indefinitely and I really would rather not have to go through the hassle of finding another quality server.
The staff are saying it is your device because they are not experiencing the ping lag. As for your troubleshooting, single player cannot replicate ping lag and unlike the big server you have probably tested them on, we cannot spend like $300 on a server. Your IP shows that your internet is like a mobile hotspot, which will not provide perfect conditions, the server is located in Texas. If this was a server side issue, then more people would also be posting about it, however they are not, I have run into very minimal if any lag and I am in Florida. The server's TPS shows a range of 19.9 - 20.0, which would also show lower, if the server was lagging. The server may stutter occasionally, however I do not believe the server has as big of a problem as you say.
As Xikkim stated, it is on your side.

Latency issues on your side, or server side both have the same symptoms... However, since the Server TPS is usually 20, or damn near it, we can eliminate the server from the host of issues. open up command prompt and do ping play.ottercraft.net:25565. Let me know what you get.
[Image: LlpaiAf.png]
(08-14-2018, 11:09 AM)Sid_Engel Wrote: As Xikkim stated, it is on your side.

Latency issues on your side, or server side both have the same symptoms... However, since the Server TPS is usually 20, or damn near it, we can eliminate the server from the host of issues. open up command prompt and do ping play.ottercraft.net:25565. Let me know what you get.

I'm not sure if I'm messing up the command but its just responding with play.ottercraft.net:25565 and with just ping its ponging like it should.
After discussing this in-game I think the issue has been resolved. Thread closed.
[Image: LlpaiAf.png]