• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plugins suggestions and discussion.
This thread is for Plugin suggestions. which i think is nice and sometimes needed!

To make this simple and easy to navigate i will ask people to use the formula when suggesting a plugins:

Plugin name:

Link:

What does it do:

Why this server needs it:

Downsides:

Downsides is there because i want people to think about the plugin they're suggesting.

Also, i'll start:

Plugin name:

Betterchat

Link:

https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/bette...more.4372/

What does it do:

It creates channels where people can type. Like a trade channel, main channel, etc.

The servers chat get really crowded when +10 people are on. It can be hard to have a conversation with someone, when you have to read every message there is. Also it is hard to see if people are trying to contact one.

Downsides:

The chat CAN get silent, and new players might not want to play because of the lack of, what seems like, a good community.

Also: I know that people can PM each other, but this is still nice to have!
Hey there, excellent post!

For the longest time I have been thinking of getting something like this, because I feel like there is an incredible amount of chat to read through once there are about 15 players on.

However, the downside would be the lack of chat with 5 or so players on.

I think we will look further into installing something like this, once we have an AVG playercount of 15. This average playercount is, how many people usually are on, nomatter the time. At the moment we are around 7 players.

Thank you!
[Image: LlpaiAf.png]
computer is busted until it gets fixed, about a week or so. so it's time to harass sid a little bit for entertainment purposes.

We should get chestshop. you know it's a good idea.
(04-08-2017, 10:37 AM)ziosuna Wrote: computer is busted until it gets fixed, about a week or so. so it's time to harass sid a little bit for entertainment purposes.

Ahhhh!
Photo 
(04-09-2017, 03:38 AM)Sid_Engel Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 10:37 AM)ziosuna Wrote: computer is busted until it gets fixed, about a week or so. so it's time to harass sid a little bit for entertainment purposes.

Ahhhh!
lol, JUST DO IT! [Image: mansw.gif]
Lightbulb 
Plugin name: Glass Dropper
Link: https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/glassdropper
What does it do: Allows glass to drop instead of breaking.
Why this server needs it: Saves on sand, easy removal and replacement without loss, saves on dyes, saves on coal.
Downsides: Gives incentive to break and steal glass.

Plugin name: Animated Frames
Link: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/animatedframes.5583/
What does it do: Allows walls of item frames to be turned into animated gifs.
Why this server needs it: Allows extra customization to builds.
Downsides: People could put inappropriate gifs on these frames.
(04-09-2017, 09:53 PM)whiimsicott Wrote: Plugin name: Glass Dropper
Link: https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/glassdropper
What does it do: Allows glass to drop instead of breaking.
Why this server needs it: Saves on sand, easy removal and replacement without loss, saves on dyes, saves on coal.
Downsides: Gives incentive to break and steal glass.

Plugin name: Animated Frames
Link: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/animatedframes.5583/
What does it do: Allows walls of item frames to be turned into animated gifs.
Why this server needs it: Allows extra customization to builds.
Downsides: People could put inappropriate gifs on these frames.

Thank you whiimsicott, for the response.

I think that if we were to add something like this, the first thing we would add, is spawner removal with silk touch picks. However, our staff and some players feel(even though it would be nice) it still partially takes away the vanilla feel of the game.
Before reading: I will just argue why the server should have this one last time. I will not make another statement about this plugin after this.

Plugin name:

Chestshop

Link:

https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/chestshop

What does it do:

Makes chests into shops. A easy way to both sell and buy items.

The server got A LOT of small communities and many of them wants to sell their items to the different citizens of their communities. Also, it would be nice to just set up a chest full of items, and not constantly put items into /ah. The chests of the shops are protected, so people won't be able to steal from different shops. This would also give a better feel to the different small communities.

It would also give a push to the economy plugin. People really only trade with minerals right now, and it is kinda annoying for me, who loves to do business with an actually currency.

Downsides:

I only see one bad thing about this plugin, and that is griefing around the different shops. But that problem can also be easily fixed by either only have people you trust buy to from you, or by having a big admin made area full of small stalls where people can only build inside of the stalls. That way there can be a market place that is protected.

Lastly:

i am sorry for nagging the admins about this. I know they hear it often. But i would very much like it to happen. Also, no need to argue why not. I know the reasons, but i still want to nag you about it one last time.
Another plugin i think we should have:

Name:

Colouredanvils

What does it do:

Make it possible to make coloured names in anvils.

Downside:

Too much fun?

Side note: It is possible to make some colours and formats permissions only thing. So you can make vip and vip+ able to have more colours than the normal peasants?
(05-02-2017, 11:58 PM)Demendius Wrote: Another plugin i think we should have:

Name:

Colouredanvils

What does it do:

Make it possible to make coloured names in anvils.

Downside:

Too much fun?

Side note: It is possible to make some colours and formats permissions only thing. So you can make vip and vip+ able to have more colours than the normal peasants?

That for sure looks do-able. We will look into it Smile